now browsing by category
Having the right outdoor clothing and equipment can make a big difference to your enjoyment and safety. Here, we give you a list of the7 Things to Remember to Bring For Your Winter Hiking Holiday.
- Walking Boots/Hiking Boots – One of the most important pieces of outdoor wear you’ll most certainly need for your walks or hikes is a good-quality of hiking boots or walking boots. Don’t go around wearing the wrong pair of shoes for they may cause blisters, discomfort, sprains, or even more serious injuries.
Always remember that the type of boots you are going to wear will depend on various things. Will you be doing long distanced hikes or short distances? Will you be carrying a heavy backpack? Will you be walking on a relatively smooth ground or will you be trekking on a much rougher terrain with steep ascents or rocky scrambles? These are the questions you should ask yourself when choosing the pair of boots you will be wearing during the hike. Walk properly without sliding back and forth.
It is a given that you remember to wear the proper Walking Socks/Hiking Socks during the hike to provide cushioning and wick moisture away from your feet.
- Waterproof Jacket and Waterproof Over-Trousers – Weather in the mountains are highly unpredictable so dress in layers and bring waterproof clothing to make sure that you’re prepared for all eventualities.
Wearing a hoodie or a fleece under a jacket is also advisable since they dry quickly and you can easily stow them away in your backpack. In case of extremely cold conditions, it is best to invest in a down or synthetic-insulated jacket.
- H20 – No matter how short a walk or a hike may be, sufficient fluid intake is an essential thing to do. In order to avoid dehydration brought by the evaporation of sweat from the body’s surface during exercise, it is a must for any hiker to bring at least 1 liter of water. Always remember to bring more though, even if you doubt that you don’t need it. Also, make sure to find out ahead of time where you can replenish your water supply; sources may come from public utilities, mountain huts or from nature’s bounty, for which you should pack a water filter or water disinfectant.
- Hat And Gloves – You need to keep your head and hands warm with a snug hat and gloves. Wind stopper gloves are ideal as they provide insulation while blocking the wind, and often come with grip pads to allow for finger dexterity. There are also wind stopper hats to protect your head from vicious wind chill. Don’t be fooled: even during the warmer seasons your body can get quite cold; especially when walking at higher altitudes or when it suddenly gets cold, wet or windy.
- Walking Maps – No matter how familiar you are with the route, always make sure to take a map with you. There can be a sudden change in plans during the hike like a possible path closure, an injury that requires a shorter, more straightforward route back. You can get simple trail maps from local tourist offices and natural park centers. For extensive purposes, bring a full walking map as well.
- First-Aid Kit – Any walker or hiker should make it habit to bring a medical kit with them at all times in case of emergencies. The kit should include plasters of various sizes, antiseptic cream and wipes, cotton balls or cotton wool, sterile pads, gauze, tape, bandage, scissors, safety pins, pain relievers, tweezers, and a small thermal blanket — all placed inside a soft pouch or carry case.
- For Emergencies – Bring a whistle, a head-torch, and/or a hand-held torch with spare batteries. You might be bringing cell phones as well however take note that the mountains only have very limited mobile phone coverage.
India is said to be the most diverse country in the world. It has the coldest places in Kashmir, highest rainfall region of Cherrapunji, one of the driest places called the Thar Desert. It is even bounded by beautiful beaches on three sides. Moreover it also has snow capped mountain ranges called Himalayan Mountains. Not only it has a mixture of various geographical features but also has a mixture of cultures and languages. Despite of all these geographies and diverse people, it is operated as a single democratic country. By exploring some of the best holiday destinations in India, you can understand its features.
- Jammu and Kashmir includes three geographical regions called the Jhelum valley, Indus valley and southern mountain range. Kashmir was called as Heaven on earth and was one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Kerala which is known for its backwaters is situated on the tropical and lush Malabar Coast. Being one of the popular destinations in India, Kerala is named as one of the ten paradises of the world. Kerala is popular for it healing massages, backwaters and ecotourism initiatives.
- Goa is another popular holiday destinations in India and it is known for its pristine beaches. This city has two major tourist seasons. During winter season tourist from abroad will visit here whereas in summer season, tourists from across India arrive here to spend their holidays.
- Rajasthan is well known for its architecture, mighty forts, blossoming gardens, sandy dunes, outstanding monuments, and shimmering lakes. All these attractions made Rajasthan as one of the top tourist destinations in India.
- Golden Triangle is said to be the tourist circuit which includes Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It is so called because of the triangular shape which is formed by joining these three different locations on the map. These three cities are extremely popular among foreign tourists and natives as the best holiday destinations.
Author Bio: Faiz Alam is author of this post. He loves to visit different travel places and stay in hotels in Ranthambore in India. His one of the best tour is Golden Triangle Tour, he loves to visit it again and again…
When you are planning your next trip, why not consider booking a group tour rather than travelling on your own? Group tours can be a great way to travel and will offer you a lot of advantages – so it is definitely worth looking into.
The Benefits of Traveling With a Tour Group
When you book a tour with your travel agent Hong Kong, what are the benefits of this type of travel? First of all, the main advantage is that it is much easier for you because you don’t have to worry about arranging all of the little details. Instead of worrying where you will go, where to stay and how to get there – you can just sit back and enjoy the adventure.
Also, traveling with a group means that you have a tour guide, who can offer you interesting information about your destination that you wouldn’t have otherwise. They will also be able to offer you tips on how to stay safe and they will be able to speak the local language, making getting around easier.
Travelling in a group also gives you the chance to make friends with the other tour participants – adding a fun social aspect to your holiday.
Choosing the Right Tour Company
What should you consider when you are choosing a tour company? Here are some pointers to keep in mind, whether you are booking a Cathay Pacific holiday from the Airfares Expert or any other type of tour:
- Reputation –Look online to read reviews and find out what other customers are saying about their experience. For example, TripAdvisor offers reviews for thousands of businesses all over the world.
- Local Company – Local tour guides will know more about the area, the history, the people and the unique culture of the land you are visiting.
- What the Price Includes – Look closer to find out what the price of your tour actually includes. It might seem cheap, but then you realise that it doesn’t offer lunch or transport… which makes it not as affordable as you thought.
- Social Media Presence – You can find out a lot about a company by their social media presence, such as whether they engage their customers and quickly respond to any complaints or questions.
Tours All Over the World
When you book your travel from a travel agent you will be able to take advantage of all the great tours they offer in different destinations all over the world and at the very best rate as well. If you find a cheaper price on your Singapore airlines holiday or other holiday package, you can let the travel agent Flight Centre Hong Kong know and they will beat the price by $10.
Are you tired of working day in and day out in your office? Do you feel it is that time of the year when you need a long break from your routine work? Well, if you want to take a week long break from your busy schedule back home and would love to spend some time in the serene surroundings and lush green landscapes, then golf vacations to Spain would be a very good option.
Why Choose Spain?
Spain is a Mediterranean country that is filled with rich culture and heritage. It is one of the best places to visit for golf vacations as it has various professional as well as amateur courses. Spain is a very popular country for golf and attracts thousands of keen and enthusiastic golfers from all over the world. It is also a very popular tourist destination and apart from playing golf in the popular golfing venues you can also see some of the ancient works of arts and culture and tourist infrastructure offered by Spain. So, all in all, golfrejser to Spain is always an ideal break that you can take anytime of the year as Spain offers warm weather all year round.
World Class Golf Courses
There are many popular and world class golf courses in Spain that are surrounded by scenic and tranquil surroundings. The lush green and versatile 18-hole courses have their own terrain and provide a good challenge for keen golfers. If you would like to learn a lot about golf or if you are looking to play in some of the challenging courses, then Spain offers you much more than what you expect. Also, there are many friendly holiday tour golf packages to Spain that offers you a comfortable stay for you and your family in some of the most exotic golf resorts. To know more about package golf tours to Spain, please click on this link.
Best Holiday Experience
Taking golf package tours to some of the popular golf resorts in Spain will also help you to brush up your golfing skills in the lap of luxury and comfort. It offers you the option to improve your game and you will be able to use the state of the art golf training facilities to learn golf the better way. Choosing a family friendly golf resorts would be an ideal tour package for you and your family as it offers good entertainment for kids and adults. If you are planning for such golfing resort packages, then you will be able to find the best deals at www.golfrejserspanien.dk.